winsock 'gethostbyaddr' time-out in Windows 95

Does anyone have a clue??

I'm using standard Delphi Client- and Server sockets from the 'Internet'
tab. Only under Win95 (with WinSock 2 update), the following call  takes
about a minute to return:

   aTServerClientThread.ClientSocket.RemoteHost;

The remote host in question is on the same LAN. We've traced it to the
Winsock 'gethostbyaddr' method call. It seems to time-out. The weird thing
is, it's not consequent. About 7 out of 10 times everything is working
fine...

The problem seems to occur when using a dialup connection in other sockets,
but also occurs after the dialup connection has been disconnected.

Thanks, Karin Clavel