Updatable Stored Procedure?

I have a dbEdit tied to a result set of a MSSQL 7.0 stored Procedure.
Apparently this result set is read only.  How can I make this result set
updatable?

Re:Updatable Stored Procedure?

Jim,

Read the text of the dbEdit component into a parametised update query and
then execute the query or you can send the text to a stored procedure and
execute the update there.

Regards,
Richard

Jim Covington wrote in message <8qbamb$q6...@bornews.borland.com>...
>I have a dbEdit tied to a result set of a MSSQL 7.0 stored Procedure.
>Apparently this result set is read only.  How can I make this result set
>updatable?

Re:Updatable Stored Procedure?

Hi Jim!

On Wed, 20 Sep 2000 16:46:07 -0500, "Jim Covington"

<jwcov...@telapex.com> wrote:
>I have a dbEdit tied to a result set of a MSSQL 7.0 stored Procedure.
>Apparently this result set is read only.  How can I make this result set
>updatable?

Use cached updates and make your own insert, update & delete SQL
statements based on fields from resulting dataset.

tomi.

Other Threads