How to shutdown D3 EXE Auto Server

I have used D2 automation but D3 automation is a lot different and causing
a problem.

I have a D3 client that uses early binding, creates a D3 EXE server object,
calls several methods, and then terminates.  The dispatch variable is
global and set to nil before closing.  My problem is that the server does
not terminate.  When forced, the automation warning dialogue box pops up.
Is there an example somewhere?

The borland web site has a TI sample ( 3240 Exposing a multi string object
in COM ) that also hangs up.  If anyone can let me know how to correct the
sample, I would be very appreciative.

TIA,

Tom Ballew
<tbal...@mindspring.com>