Embedded OLE Servers in Delphi

Can anyone tell me where I can find information on creating an OLE server in
D3 that is insertable via the Windows Insert Object dialog?  What I would
like to do is be able to insert "MyDelphiServerApp.EXE" into a TOleContainer
that resides in "MyDelphiController" app.  Can it be done in Delphi 3?

Re:Embedded OLE Servers in Delphi

Dan,

It can be done. Find youself a good book on OLE and then take the AxCtrls
unit as a starting point and add the extra interfaces you need for OLE
Documents,  (or even ActiveX documents). Alternatively if you dont want
ActiveX capability included cut out the interfaces and implementation you
dont need.

I have this working quite well but as yet havent finished due to working on
other things and when I do I will post.

Beware Word97 behaves quite differently to other OLE containers, even
previous versions of Word.

Dan Brewer <d...@jobboss.com> wrote in article
<65fpk2$...@forums.borland.com>...

> Can anyone tell me where I can find information on creating an OLE server
in
> D3 that is insertable via the Windows Insert Object dialog?  What I would
> like to do is be able to insert "MyDelphiServerApp.EXE" into a
TOleContainer
> that resides in "MyDelphiController" app.  Can it be done in Delphi 3?

Other Threads