perhaps a bug PART II (PART I was missed)

hi there...

I posted a thread in this newsgroup about an error that I found using dbexpress
components under a mysql database server, but it looks like that it was
missed... ( I am not mad with that). Well, the problem found occurred in SELECT
statement, each time I tried to retrieve data from another database table.
for instance: I am connected to a database named "db_a", and I try this:
select something from db_b.some_table where something_else = some_value
when opening the query I get an "error mapping".
this error do not occurs in select statements "inside" the database in use.
The server returns the query (string) incomplete, in the error, some chars are
just missing...
Well, I wonder if it's a bug of dbexpress or that's because I am using
libmysql.dll v3.22.34, instead 3.22.32.
It looks like I am not the only person that has this problem...

Hoping that this post was missed, and thanks for reading it.

kayser sapiens.

Re:perhaps a bug PART II (PART I was missed)

I don't know if it was missed or just ignored because there are a lot of
messages with appropriate remedies in this and the kylix dbExpress newsgroup.

--
Thomas Miller
BSS Accounting & Distribution Software

http://www.bss-software.com

Re:perhaps a bug PART II (PART I was missed)

it might exist... but not in the 321 previous threads (of current newsgroup),
or the 254 of kylix.[...].dbexpress newsgroup. perhaps I missed it or perhaps
you missed
my thread...

"tmiller" <tmil...@bss-software.com> wrote in message

> I don't know if it was missed or just ignored because there are a lot of
> messages with appropriate remedies in this and the kylix dbExpress newsgroup.

> Kayser Sapiens wrote:

> > hi there...

> > I posted a thread in this newsgroup about an error that I found using
dbexpress
> > components under a mysql database server, but it looks like that it was
> > missed... ( I am not mad with that). Well, the problem found occurred in
SELECT
> > statement, each time I tried to retrieve data from another database table.
> > for instance: I am connected to a database named "db_a", and I try this:
> > select something from db_b.some_table where something_else = some_value
> > when opening the query I get an "error mapping".
> > this error do not occurs in select statements "inside" the database in use.
> > The server returns the query (string) incomplete, in the error, some chars
are
> > just missing...
> > Well, I wonder if it's a bug of dbexpress or that's because I am using
> > libmysql.dll v3.22.34, instead 3.22.32.
> > It looks like I am not the only person that has this problem...

> > Hoping that this post was missed, and thanks for reading it.

> > kayser sapiens.

> --
> Thomas Miller
> Delphi Client/Server Certified Developer
> BSS Accounting & Distribution Software
> BSS Enterprise Accounting FrameWork

> http://www.bss-software.com

Other Threads