Taskbar - Hiding App Icon

It sounds easy hiding my application's icon from the task bar but if I use
ShowWindowAsync(Application.Handle, SW_HIDE) within my form code the icon is
still there, even though the function returns success.

I placed ShowWindow(Application.Handle, SW_HIDE) within my application
initialization code and it fairs no better.

What am I doing wrong?  How about a bit of sample code for me to test what
I'm doing wrong.

Re:Taskbar - Hiding App Icon

On Tue, 12 May 1998 16:41:30 -0700, "Mike Vance"

<mva...@lightspeed.net> wrote:
>What am I doing wrong?  How about a bit of sample code for me to test what
>I'm doing wrong.

This doesn't work in D3. Use the following code:

SetWindowLong(Application.Handle, GWL_EXSTYLE,
  GetWindowLong(Application.Handle, GWL_EXSTYLE) or
    WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW and not WS_EX_APPWINDOW);

Yorai Aminov
El-On Software Systems, Ltd.
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/yaminov
[No e-mail, please]