MS ACCESS 2000 Performance Problem

Hi there,

I've connected a large table (2,000,000 rows, 5 fields) to my application,
using an ADO recordset object with a SQL-Statement directly and assigning
this later on to an TADOTable. Naturaly I've build an appropriate index
within the ACCESS database.
OK. That's already working.
But I need 1min30sec and 120MB in memory. That's the best I've evaluated
trying lot's of the different ADO properties.
When I use ACCESS 2000 directly that's much more faster. They need only a
few seconds and 20MB in memory.
Is there anybody there who knows a solution?

Regards

Sebastian Mi?feldt

Re:MS ACCESS 2000 Performance Problem

If you have a table that large, my suggestion would be to move to a better
database system.  Access really is geared for that size of a database.
You'll get a lot better performance out of something like Advantage...

Just my 2 cents,

--
Glenn Hancock
SofTek Software Int'l Inc.

Re:MS ACCESS 2000 Performance Problem

>I've connected a large table (2,000,000 rows, 5 fields) to my application,
>using an ADO recordset object with a SQL-Statement directly and assigning
>this later on to an TADOTable. Naturaly I've build an appropriate index
>within the ACCESS database.
>OK. That's already working.
>But I need 1min30sec and 120MB in memory. That's the best I've evaluated
>trying lot's of the different ADO properties.
>When I use ACCESS 2000 directly that's much more faster.

What settings are you using for your connection.  The default for ADO components
is to use clientside cursors that means All the records in your select get read
into memory.  Do you really need two million records in memory?
Your question really should be in the delphi.database.Ado section.  I suggest
you repost there with information on the setting you are using and just what you
are trying to accomplish.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com