Creating Specific Paradox Version Tables at Runtime

Could anyone clue me in on how to create a version 7 table
at runtime?

My tables always turn out as version 5.

For the moment I am manually fixing these in DBD but its
not a very happy solution.

Thanks in advance...

Re:Creating Specific Paradox Version Tables at Runtime

Michael C. Mitchell wrote:

> Could anyone clue me in on how to create a version 7 table
> at runtime?

> My tables always turn out as version 5.

> For the moment I am manually fixing these in DBD but its
> not a very happy solution.

> Thanks in advance...

   Why do you want to do this?

   A Paradox5 table is the same as a Paradox7 table unless certain
new features are in use, such as decremented indexes, etc.  You get
a Pdox5 table because the additional features of Pdox7 are not in
use.  This was the same with the Pdox5 upgrade from Pdox4.5 -- If
you used a Time field you automatically created a Pdox5 table,
otherwise (with a few other similar exceptions), you got Pdox4.5.

    If you ever have to share your data with someone
with Pdox 5 and you are not using the Pdox7 special features, you
will appreciate the fact that you don't have to convert the tables.
I don't believe there is any significant speed factor.

--
Paul Schopf                           mailto://sch...@gsfc.nasa.gov
Coupled Climate Dynamics Group/971    http://ccdg.gsfc.nasa.gov/~paul

Other Threads