49: Data Segment Too Large

..I'm new to the internet, so I'm not even sure if this is going to the
right place!

..I'f it did, can somebody please e-mail me some information on the
error code "49: Data segment too large". I'm a semi-beginner pascal
programmer, (actually, I used to program in it long ago, and now I'm
rusty... but in the mood to get back into it!). Anyways, I know nothing
about this stupid little thing or how to solve it, if anyone can help,
please do!!! velstone_...@earthlink.net  Thanks! -Brian

Re:49: Data Segment Too Large

Glen Nicholson (snake_e...@earthlink.net) wrote:

: ..I'f it did, can somebody please e-mail me some information on the
: error code "49: Data segment too large". I'm a semi-beginner pascal
: programmer, (actually, I used to program in it long ago, and now I'm
: rusty... but in the mood to get back into it!). Anyways, I know nothing
: about this stupid little thing or how to solve it, if anyone can help,
: please do!!! velstone_...@earthlink.net  Thanks! -Brian

All static variables of the program must not occpy more
than 64 kB. You can overcome this only by using pointers.

If you want Borland to remove this silly restriction,
please read http://www.brain.uni-freiburg.de/~klaus/pascal.html
and send a mail to the BP8 interest counter that is mentioned there.

Klaus
--
Klaus Hartnegg, Institut fuer Biophysik, Hansa-Strasse 9a, D-79104 Freiburg
Tel +49 761 203 9516, Fax 9540, e-mail: hartn...@uni-freiburg.de

Re:49: Data Segment Too Large

In article <1995Nov6.083305.19...@arl.mil> Glen Nicholson <snake_e...@earthlink.net> writes:
>From: Glen Nicholson <snake_e...@earthlink.net>
>Subject: 49: Data Segment Too Large
>Date: Mon, 6 Nov 1995 08:33:05 GMT
>..I'm new to the internet, so I'm not even sure if this is going to the
>right place!
>..I'f it did, can somebody please e-mail me some information on the
>error code "49: Data segment too large". I'm a semi-beginner pascal
>programmer, (actually, I used to program in it long ago, and now I'm
>rusty... but in the mood to get back into it!). Anyways, I know nothing
>about this stupid little thing or how to solve it, if anyone can help,
>please do!!! velstone_...@earthlink.net  Thanks! -Brian

I think (a little rusty on this myself) that your .PAS file is simply too
big.  Chop your program up into units.

Hope this helps.

Ken Masters                                Tel.: +27 +21 650 3990
Programme Leader: TAT                    email: k...@its.uct.ac.za
Information Technology Services
University of Cape Town, South Africa
Computer-Based Education?  See: http://www.uct.ac.za/projects/cbe/