Compile DBconsts and make Help File

Hello guys,

first case

I need information,

I use delphi 3.02 and I want compile DBCONST.PAS for obtain a DCU file.

I have this files.
DBCONST.RC
DBCONST.PAS

In the  DBCONST.PAS... I have the {$R dbconsts.RES} statement.
I recompiled the resources file "dbconsts.rc" with the resource compiler
of Delphi.

brcc32  -R dbconsts.rc

and I had dbconsts.res. After I compile the dbconsts.pas with the
compiler

dcc32 dbconsts.pas

I had one DCU file that doesn' contain the ressouce file. (I checked
this). Does anybody know how compile de dbconsts.pas file so that it
includes the RES file.

Second case

I want make a help file with HCW of MicroSoft but i have no idea how to
do it. If somebody have a example with recommendation it will be
appreciated.

J-Louis

Re:Compile DBconsts and make Help File

[...]

I had one DCU file that doesn't contain the resource file. (I checked
[...]

First of all....don't use HTML.
And DON'T post the message more than ONCE.
And....this newsgroup is not a test newsgroup.

Thanks ;-)

--

Janus N. T?ndering
Email: janusnt<alpha>usa<dot>net

Re:Compile DBconsts and make Help File

J-Louis,

First, please don't post in HTML; it's really annoying...

To your first question, I'm assuming that the reason you want to
recompile DBCONSTS is to translate some messages; if that's the
case, go to the following:

http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/delphi/downloads/

About halfway down the page you'll find the topic 'Translating
Delphi 3.0 VCL messages', along with a file to download and
instructions on what to do.

To your second question, see the Delphi 3\Help\Tools directory;
HCW has a pretty complete help file itself.

HTH

Ken
--
Ken White
kwh...@westelcom.com

Clipper Functions for Delphi
http://members.aol.com/clipfunc/

J-Louis Vill wrote:

> Hello guys,

> first case

> I need information,

> I use delphi 3.02 and I want compile DBCONST.PAS for obtain a DCU
> file.

> I have this files.
> DBCONST.RC
> DBCONST.PAS

> In the  DBCONST.PAS... I have the {$R dbconsts.RES} statement.
> I recompiled the resources file "dbconsts.rc" with the resource
> compiler of Delphi.

> brcc32  -R dbconsts.rc

> and I had dbconsts.res. After I compile the dbconsts.pas with the
> compiler

> dcc32 dbconsts.pas

> I had one DCU file that doesn' contain the ressouce file. (I checked
> this). Does anybody know how compile de dbconsts.pas file so that it
> includes the RES file.

> Second case

> I want make a help file with HCW of MicroSoft but i have no idea how
> to do it. If somebody have a example with recommendation it will be
> appreciated.

> J-Louis

Other Threads