rank beginner question on frames

i am thinking of trying to build a numberpad frame and put it inside of  a
keypad frame and this maybe in different forms.  i built the frame but cant
get it to stick to a form.  have read the help file a couple of times and it
didnt help.

a second question: is this a reasonable thing to do or should i just copy
the components into the forms as i need them..

thanks
harv

Re:rank beginner question on frames

You must first add your Frame to the Palette -- Right click on the frame
[form] and "Add to Palette" which will place an Icon on the selected
component Page. Once there you can add the frame to a form just as you would
a component.

I LIKE frames. If the "mini-form" is to be used more than once, then use
frames.

HINT:  use the name of the frame generated by Delphi, (i.e. MyFrame1)  I
have found that I sometimes have to delete the frame off the form and place
it back to get things back in sync.

Regards,
Clif Collins
Owner, Collins Software

HARVEY GENDLER <gend...@river.it.gvsu.edu> wrote in message

> i am thinking of trying to build a numberpad frame and put it inside of  a
> keypad frame and this maybe in different forms.  i built the frame but
cant
> get it to stick to a form.  have read the help file a couple of times and
it
> didnt help.

> a second question: is this a reasonable thing to do or should i just copy
> the components into the forms as i need them..

> thanks
> harv

Other Threads