Where to get avi files for TAnimate?

Where could I get nice little animations( AVI files )to use for
TAnimate?

Thanks,
Galina.

Re:Where to get avi files for TAnimate?

Not a popular pasttime - making animations - it's very tedious work.  I had
to make my own using my favorite graphics editor to create the individual
frames, then using a utility by Microsoft called VidEdit to create the AVI
file.
Luck,
Dan
Galina Tydykov wrote in message ...
>Where could I get nice little animations( AVI files )to use for
>TAnimate?

>Thanks,
>Galina.

Re:Where to get avi files for TAnimate?

Use the Resource Explorer - demo that comes with delphi and open shell32.dll
(for example). This DLL contains AVI-Resources. Save this resources to files
with the .avi extension and you have the default videos of windows (file
copying, ...).

Schlabo

Dan Lovett schrieb in Nachricht <729eeh$3t...@forums.borland.com>...

>Not a popular pasttime - making animations - it's very tedious work.  I had
>to make my own using my favorite graphics editor to create the individual
>frames, then using a utility by Microsoft called VidEdit to create the AVI
>file.
>Luck,
>Dan

>Galina Tydykov wrote in message ...
>>Where could I get nice little animations( AVI files )to use for
>>TAnimate?

>>Thanks,
>>Galina.

Re:Where to get avi files for TAnimate?

Do not do this. If you want to use the AVIs with TAnimate, just set one of
the TAnimate properties to the required standard animation ;-)

If you want to create your own animations quickly and easily, I would
reccommend you invest in 3D Studio Max 2.5, possibly with one of the
'cartoon' style plugins.

Seriously, there is no real shortcut to making animations. There are some
available commercially, but usually you will have to draw your own or hire
someone to do it for you.

David

Other Threads