mdi forms and non mdi forms mixed, problems with TEdit

Hi I am makin an application with MDI forms. That goes great. But I want to
have also some not MDI forms, which should also not be shown Modal. (this is
with other languages possible)

How to do this.
I get the following problems:

- I can use ShowModel ok, but don't want to show this window modal
- I can use Show, but then the windows dissapears when clicking next to the
window.
- I can use Show and set the parent of the window to the MDI main form. This
should be ok, and it works except that I can't Type and letters in any edit
fields (TEdit, TStringGrid etc). Why this happens and what is the solution?

Witrh kind regards

Hazielponi