BDE : General SQL error when querying DATE datatype field in InterBase table

Hi,

I'm using TQuery to access a table in InterBase6.0. I got an error message
saying that the BDE eemgine cannot refer to the DATE datatype of InterBase.
How to fix this problem?

Error:
Project IBBDE.exe raised exception class EDBEngineError with message
'General SQL error. Column unknown PRODDATE Client SQL dialect 1 dose not
support reference to DATE datatype'. Process stopped. Use Step or Run to
Continue.

How can I make the BDE client to support dialect 3 as I used in InterBase
database?

Thanks in advance.

Steven Cheng

Re:BDE : General SQL error when querying DATE datatype field in InterBase table

BDE versions prior to 5.2 do not support InterBase dialect 3
databases.  Even version 5.2 does not support large exact numeric data
types. Before you use the BDE for your application you should read
http://community.borland.com/article/0,1410,28688,00.html. Using the
InterBase Express or dbExpress components would be a much better
choice.

On Thu, 30 May 2002 11:27:10 +0800, "Steven Cheng"

--
Bill (TeamB)