Very slow to move from record to record (Delphi2, local dBase)

I have a grid component on the screen and I noticed that every time I move
to the next record (via keyboard, for example: cursor down), it takes a
while to react!  I have a Pentium166 with 32Meg RAM.  I also noticed that
every time I move to another record, there is some HD activity! What is
going on????  BTW, I am using local dBase tables.

Is this a problem with the BDE?  If so, is there an alternative?

----
Joseph I. Ceasar
CLS Computer Solutions
"We Are Microsoft. Resistance Is Futile. You Will Be Assimilated."

Re:Very slow to move from record to record (Delphi2, local dBase)

I found the problem.  On that same form, I have a query component.  I don't
need it all the time, so I disabled it, and I enable it only when I need
it.  Now things are up to speed (get it?).

--
----
Joseph I. Ceasar (Yossi)

Joseph I. Ceasar <j...@pipeline.com> wrote in article
<01bc1d2f$407f8a60$18241a26@mindspring>...

> I have a grid component on the screen and I noticed that every time I
move
> to the next record (via keyboard, for example: cursor down), it takes a
> while to react!  I have a Pentium166 with 32Meg RAM.  I also noticed that
> every time I move to another record, there is some HD activity! What is
> going on????  BTW, I am using local dBase tables.

> Is this a problem with the BDE?  If so, is there an alternative?

> ----
> Joseph I. Ceasar
> CLS Computer Solutions
> "We Are Microsoft. Resistance Is Futile. You Will Be Assimilated."

Other Threads