Using OLE to embed one application within another

All,

I am looking to try and "embed" one application within another
and pass certain data between the two.  I assume this will have
to be via an OLE container, however I am struggling to see how
all of this hangs together.  Any ideas / pointers?

In addition I would like to modify a combobox so that the contents
display the "last selected" items.  I will store those last selected
items within the registry of the local machine.  Say up to four items
which are displayed at the top of the list and separated by a bar
much like the font selector within MS Word.

What I want to then do is treat these items separately from the rest
of the items that are contained within the combobox that are retrieved
from a database.  I.e. so that I could use the .sorted property to sort
those items from the database, but not those retrieved from the
registry.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Re:Using OLE to embed one application within another

[...]

Excellent information on COM (and OLE) can be found on
http://www.techvanguards.com/.

"Paul Patrick" <p...@ges.co.uk> schreef in bericht

> All,

> I am looking to try and "embed" one application within another
> and pass certain data between the two.  I assume this will have
> to be via an OLE container, however I am struggling to see how
> all of this hangs together.  Any ideas / pointers?

> In addition I would like to modify a combobox so that the contents
> display the "last selected" items.  I will store those last selected
> items within the registry of the local machine.  Say up to four items
> which are displayed at the top of the list and separated by a bar
> much like the font selector within MS Word.

> What I want to then do is treat these items separately from the rest
> of the items that are contained within the combobox that are retrieved
> from a database.  I.e. so that I could use the .sorted property to sort
> those items from the database, but not those retrieved from the
> registry.

> Any help would be appreciated.

> Thanks in advance.

> Paul