Bde and Internet Server

I've write a CGI with Delphi 4.0 to manage an Access 97 Database using the
BDE. When I've install the CGI in the Server I obtain this message :

Internal Server Error 500

Exception: EDBEngineError
Message: An error occurred while attempting to initialize the Borland
Database Engine (error $2B05)

... I would like any idea about how to solve that, or possible solutions.

Re:Bde and Internet Server

Either the BDE is not installed (or not installed correctly) or MS Access 97
is not installed on the server. You need both to be able to use an MS Access
database through the BDE, as the BDE uses JET/DAO, which is installed when
installing MS Access. There may be a stand-alone JET installation somewhere,
but I'm not sure about the legallity of distributing it with a Delphi
application (and neither were Borland, Installshield Co., and strangely
Microsoft when I asked them).

--
J.T. Wenting

www.hornet.demon.nl

"Ignacio" <pierd...@pierdete.com> wrote in message

> I've write a CGI with Delphi 4.0 to manage an Access 97 Database using the
> BDE. When I've install the CGI in the Server I obtain this message :

> Internal Server Error 500

> Exception: EDBEngineError
> Message: An error occurred while attempting to initialize the Borland
> Database Engine (error $2B05)

> ... I would like any idea about how to solve that, or possible solutions.

Other Threads