Running a program slowly

I'd like some Pascal source code on how to load and run a program where the
speed at which the latter program runs is determined by a user-supplied option.
Eg: An old-fashioned game could then be run on any fast machine.
The simple approach of reprogramming the timer chip is definitely not what I
want. That simply gives greater _accuracy_ on elasped time.
TIA
Cheers,
Ron Savage

Re:Running a program slowly

rsav...@vitgcab5.telecom.com.au wrote:

: I'd like some Pascal source code on how to load and run a program where the

: speed at which the latter program runs is determined by a user-supplied option.
: Eg: An old-fashioned game could then be run on any fast machine.
: The simple approach of reprogramming the timer chip is definitely not what I
: want. That simply gives greater _accuracy_ on elasped time.
: TIA
: Cheers,
: Ron Savage

Maybe try to hook interrupt $1C and add a delay. Interrupt $1C is called 18.2
times a second, unless modified by ports 182 and 183.
The best way will be to reprogram the timer, (I don't remember now how to do
it, but it appears in the norton guide to the programmer) and add a short
delay that will be called frequently.

Other Threads