Client DataSet's ApplyUpdates does not work

 I have a simple application using db_express with Oracle tables.
I have an SQLConnection (SQLConn1) component , an SQLDataSet (SQLDataSet1) a
provider (Provider1) , a client DataSet (ClientDataSet1) a DataSource
(DataSource1) and
a Grid ( Grid1).
SQLDataSet1 is connected to SQLConn1.
Provider1 has as dataset the SQLDataSet1
ClientDataSet1 has as provider  the Provider1
DataSource1 has as  dataset ClientDataSet1
and Grid1 has as datasource DataSource1.

When I try to modify one of the records of ClientDataSet1 and call
ClientDataSet1.ApplyUpdates(-1) to save the updated record i get the message

'ORA-00942. Table or view does not exist'

I would be grateful if someone could help me with this problem.

Nick Lazidis

Re:Client DataSet's ApplyUpdates does not work

"Nikos" <nik...@cteam.gr> wrote in message news:3d22edab$1_1@dnews...
> When I try to modify one of the records of ClientDataSet1 and call
> ClientDataSet1.ApplyUpdates(-1) to save the updated record i get the
message

> 'ORA-00942. Table or view does not exist'

Try using the SQLMonitor component from the dbExpress tab to see what sql is
being sent to the server to raise that error. I remember at some point that
the table names needed to be upper case; I'm not sure if that's still the
case here. What does your select statement look like?

Natalie

Re:Client DataSet's ApplyUpdates does not work

Also don't use CDS.ApplyUpdates(-1). Use CDS.ApplyUpdates(0) instead. Have a
look here for some reasons why (watch out for url wrap):
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=ISO-8859-1&fram...
&th=9f5671e81f3a771a&seekm=3c6d4910_2%40dnews#link4

--
Dave Rowntree

"Natalie Boodram" <natal...@sirs.com> wrote in message

> "Nikos" <nik...@cteam.gr> wrote in message news:3d22edab$1_1@dnews...
> > When I try to modify one of the records of ClientDataSet1 and call
> > ClientDataSet1.ApplyUpdates(-1) to save the updated record i get the
> message

> > 'ORA-00942. Table or view does not exist'

> Try using the SQLMonitor component from the dbExpress tab to see what sql
is
> being sent to the server to raise that error. I remember at some point
that
> the table names needed to be upper case; I'm not sure if that's still the
> case here. What does your select statement look like?

> Natalie

Re:Client DataSet's ApplyUpdates does not work

change your SQL statement to all uppercase.

--
Thomas Miller
BSS Accounting & Distribution Software

http://www.bss-software.com