BDE+Oracle SQL Link - Can't login user with national char

Hi,

I have Oracle 8 database with user name containing national characters.
The user can't log in using BDE+Oracle SQL Link - error "ORA-01012  Not
registered".
However it can log in using BDE+ODBC driver (both Oracle and Microsoft).
Also can log in with SqlPlus.

The same problem is when national characters are in password.

Can any one help me?

Regards,
.Andrzej.

Re:BDE+Oracle SQL Link - Can't login user with national char

Have you tried playing with the language driver in the BDE?

John Pierce

Re:BDE+Oracle SQL Link - Can't login user with national char

Uzytkownik "John Pierce" <jpie...@healthplanning.com> napisal w wiadomosci

> Have you tried playing with the language driver in the BDE?

Yes, I have. No effect.
I suspect the problem is with SQLLink for Oracle since connecting by ODBC
works fine.

Andrzej Sibik wrote:

> Yes, I have. No effect.
> I suspect the problem is with SQLLink for Oracle since connecting by ODBC
> works fine.

> .Andrzej.

Then I can only give you my standard response to BDE/Oracle problems.   Get
rid of the BDE and use Direct Oracle Access (www.allroundautomations.nl).  You
won't believe how much better it is than the BDE, and it compiles into your
.exe.

John PIerce

Other Threads