Win2000 - Unknown Internal OS Error (Terminal Service)

Dear All,

I don't know why "Unknown Internal Operation System Error, Operating System
network error, File: ABC.DB." always displayed when under Windows 2000 with
Terminal Service. Please advise and comment it. Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Barry

Re:Win2000 - Unknown Internal OS Error (Terminal Service)

What version of Delphi? What version of the BDE? What is your program doing
that causes the error? Is the BDE configured as described at
http://community.borland.com/article/0,1410,15247,00.html?

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)

Re:Win2000 - Unknown Internal OS Error (Terminal Service)

Dear Sir,

I am using both Delphi 4/5 and BDE 5.01 under Windows 2000's Terminal
Service. Using Paradox 7.0 database and map it to another N.T. 4.0 server
with full set of service packs. That msg may be appearred on
initialize(during open table).

When that msg occurred, I have to restart the Win2000 server. After that,
the problem will be resumed. But it may be occurred on next time.
For my investigation, because of using Terminal Service(Window Session
Based), therefore, the database cannot set on local Win2000 drive(C:),
otherwise, BDE will not lock table - (user can edit record even another user
editing that record). Moreover, the msg will never be occurred if only one
user with one session using the my application. Please advise and comment.
Thank you for your help!

Best regards,
Barry

Re:Win2000 - Unknown Internal OS Error (Terminal Service)

I am not sure what is causing your problem. I have not used Paradox tables
on Win2k terminal server but I have on NT4 terminal server. The secret is to
configure the BDE as you would for a peer-to-peer network. See
http://community.borland.com/article/0,1410,15247,00.html for details. You
also might try changing the BDE shared memory location and see if that makes
a difference.

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)