Error tring to select database name for a table object in the object inspector

Ok here is the deal:  I have been working with delphi for sometime now.
but the other day I opened a project that I have been working on and
found that when I go to the object inspector and look at a table object
I don't get the database names that normally come up. I get the error
could not find object.  There is no error number or any other
information.  If I type in the alias name I can connect to that alias.

Does anyone know why this has happened and how to fix it.  I talked to
Borland's installation support, but there could not help me.

I did install MS Visual C++ Ver 4.0 the other day but I know this was
working then.

Any help would be great.