QuickReport: Multiple master-detail

Hi,
    I need to generate a report, which require a three-level
master-detail form.

        Name ---

                    |___ date

                                |___ Order number
    But how can I do it?

Re:QuickReport: Multiple master-detail

On Mon, 29 Jun 1998 21:02:38 +0000, James Song

<demo%rcis...@singtel.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>    I need to generate a report, which require a three-level
>master-detail form.

>        Name ---
>                    |___ date
>                                |___ Order number
>    But how can I do it?

Name -- detail band
Date -- subdetail band
Order number -- subdetail band of the subdetail band

In the detailband's BeforePrint handler create a resultset containing
the dates based up the customer id and assign it to the first
subdetail band. If that subdetail band's BeforePrint handler build a
resultset of orders based upon the customer id and date. Assign this
resultset to the second subdetail band.

Think of nested loops and remember that before an inner loop can begin
its 'container' loop must provide a new dataset.

regards
A.G.

Other Threads