Web page - simulate button press

I'm trying to write an http client. My problem is how do I simulate pressing
a button on a web page. The page in question has several buttons - one to
download each file. Due to load balancing, the individual files are in
unpredictable places (to me). The easy way for me to download the files I
need ought to be to simulate pressing the 'File1' (or whatever) button.

I'd be grateful if anyone can help.

P.

Re:Web page - simulate button press

"Paul Collingwood" <nospamat...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I'm trying to write an http client. My problem is how do I simulate
pressing
> a button on a web page. The page in question has several buttons - one to
> download each file. Due to load balancing, the individual files are in
> unpredictable places (to me). The easy way for me to download the files I
> need ought to be to simulate pressing the 'File1' (or whatever) button.

Further ramblings....

If I parse the html and get hold of the HREF="html://.................."

can I get hold of the file I want by POSTing this url? Or should it be GET?

P.

Other Threads