QuickReport output to text file

I can't get QuickReports to generate a plain text file.  It spaces the
characters really weird.  I'm using fixed-pitch fonts and the
Generic/Text-only printer driver.  All to no avail.

I've seen several postings saying QuickReports will do this, but I sure
can't get it right.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Jamie Burks

Re:QuickReport output to text file

 Jamie Burks wrote

>I can't get QuickReports to generate a plain text file.  It spaces the
>characters really weird.  I'm using fixed-pitch fonts and the
>Generic/Text-only printer driver.  All to no avail.

The generic printer driver is still a print driver and won't necessarily
handle your fonts correctly, you can print direct to file but you need to
use the OEM system font to maintain fixed pitch correctly. (this worked for
me, so I hope it will for you).

David.

Jamie Burks wrote:

> I can't get QuickReports to generate a plain text file.  It spaces the
> characters really weird.  I'm using fixed-pitch fonts and the
> Generic/Text-only printer driver.  All to no avail.

> I've seen several postings saying QuickReports will do this, but I sure
> can't get it right.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

> Jamie Burks

Which version are you using Jamie? QR2.0x is still _very_ buggy so it is
not so easy to debug _your_ errors! One thing you might check is the
ParentFont property of the QR component you are using. If you have set
the QR component's font to something different than the parent form,
then you will need to set ParentFont to False.

I had to go back to using QR1.1 as 2.0xxx just drove me up the wall
after downloading each (beta) "update! I _still_ am supporting them for
the time being and hoping to be able to use a finished QR2.0x version in
the near future. This will be up to them, however, as I cant wait
forever!

HTH

Regards,
--