How to change field length automatically

Hi, everybody.
I would like to know how to change field length automatically.
Recently, My company plan to expand field length which is used to identify
product.
It field size originally is  10 varchar size. According to company plan, its
size will be expanded 2 character more for revision.
As you know, if the number of this field related program is below 100piec,
it would't be problem. I am willing to change program related with this
field by hand.
Unfortunately, a table having this field is used all around commpany system.
Its related program number is about 1,000.
My solution is mere to repete this field removing and add at table
component.
Is there Another solution ?

Please, Tell me how to resolve this problem.

Best regard.

jw baek

Re:How to change field length automatically

You may be able to use the "Find In Files" to find all the instances of the
field name that needs to be changed and then change the "Size" and
"DisplayWidth" of the field instead of deleting it and re-adding it.

-Dell

"jwbaek" <jwb...@sejinelectron.co.kr> wrote in message

> Hi, everybody.
> I would like to know how to change field length automatically.
> Recently, My company plan to expand field length which is used to identify
> product.
> It field size originally is  10 varchar size. According to company plan,
its
> size will be expanded 2 character more for revision.
> As you know, if the number of this field related program is below 100piec,
> it would't be problem. I am willing to change program related with this
> field by hand.
> Unfortunately, a table having this field is used all around commpany
system.
> Its related program number is about 1,000.
> My solution is mere to repete this field removing and add at table
> component.
> Is there Another solution ?

> Please, Tell me how to resolve this problem.

> Best regard.

> jw baek

Other Threads