Windows Media Player--Not OLE2 compatible?

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to incorporate the Win95 media player into an application by
embedding an .avi file.  When the "Insert Object" dialog comes up, I make sure
that "Link" in unchecked, trying to embed the file.  However, the media player
seems to only link to it anyway.

I need to be able to maintain a constant connection to the media files, and can
do it one of two ways: either by storing the file internally to our system or
obtaining a third-party media player that does support embedding.  The Delphi
media component only supports reading from a file, and I really don't want to
have to flush a stored media file to a temporary file everytime I want to play
it.

Any suggestions?

--Brent Warwick