InterBase isc4.gdb connection

I am running IB 6.01 on a win2k pro box right now. I have a couple of other
win2k pro machines attached, running off my DB without problem. The DB only
has one user in security file that is shared by the application. I just
attempted to tie a 98 machine in with no luck. IB Console has no problem
with a diagnostic check with either netBEUI or TCP/IP. I have changed
permissions to ADMIN on the root of the server machine to rule out any
strange share/security issues. I still keep getting messages that password
database cannot be found. I tried installing full server, still no luck.....

--
Chris Yoder
Programmer

Re:InterBase isc4.gdb connection

Figured it out.

--
Chris Yoder
Programmer

In article <3c601c75_1@dnews>, cyo...@mbaum.com says...

> I am running IB 6.01 on a win2k pro box right now. I have a couple of other
> win2k pro machines attached, running off my DB without problem. The DB only
> has one user in security file that is shared by the application. I just
> attempted to tie a 98 machine in with no luck. IB Console has no problem
> with a diagnostic check with either netBEUI or TCP/IP. I have changed
> permissions to ADMIN on the root of the server machine to rule out any
> strange share/security issues. I still keep getting messages that password
> database cannot be found. I tried installing full server, still no luck.....

        Make sure you don't have an older copy of gds32.dll lying around on
the machine which won't work.  Make sure the version numbers of the
server and all clients are the same.  Also, 6.01 is old.  I recommend
updating to at least 6.0.1.6.

        HTH,

        -Craig

     InterBase PLANalyzer (Free IB optimization tool):
          http://delphi.weblogs.com/IBPLANalyzer

Other Threads