Board index » delphi » OnFilterRecord filter problem

OnFilterRecord filter problem

Hi

After struggling for a while and surfing the newsgroups I found out that the
filter property of TIBQuery is not working and the reasons for it.

I want to implement a OnFilterRecord solution now but have a problem
however:

The IBQuery gets created runtime only. How do I created an OnFilterRecord
event for this runtime created query?
How do I assign the created event to the created query and how do I execute
it?

Any info will help. Thanks in advance.

Regards

--
Ruaan Barnard
Programmer
CCS Software
Bloemfontein
South Africa
+27 51 4322238
ru...@ccs-software.co.za
www.ccs-software.co.za

 

Re:OnFilterRecord filter problem


Quote
Ruaan Barnard wrote:

> Hi

> After struggling for a while and surfing the newsgroups I found out that the
> filter property of TIBQuery is not working and the reasons for it.

> I want to implement a OnFilterRecord solution now but have a problem
> however:

> The IBQuery gets created runtime only. How do I created an OnFilterRecord
> event for this runtime created query?

It must be created at design time.  Drop a TIBQuery on the form, double click
the OnFilterRecord event, place a comment in it (so the IDE doesn't remove it)
and then you can delete the component.  Fill out the code.

Quote
> How do I assign the created event to the created query and how do I execute
> it?

  Just

myQry.OnFilterRecord := MyOnFilterEvent;

Quote
> Any info will help. Thanks in advance.

> Regards

> --
> Ruaan Barnard
> Programmer
> CCS Software
> Bloemfontein
> South Africa
> +27 51 4322238
> ru...@ccs-software.co.za
> www.ccs-software.co.za

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)   I don't think there are any Russians
(Please do not email    And there ain't no Yanks
 me directly unless     Just corporate criminals
 asked.  Thank You)     Playing with tanks.  (Michael Been)

Other Threads