Table Full error?

I am getting a "Table Full" error when writing to a Paradox 7.0 table.  I understand there is a
256 meg limit and I have reached that.  Is there anyway around this with a Paradox table?
Help?

Thanks in advance,
Brad Smith

Re:Table Full error?

>Brad Smith wrote:

> I am getting a "Table Full" error when writing to a Paradox 7.0 table.  > I understand there is a 256 meg limit and I have reached that.  Is > there anyway around this with a Paradox table?

A Paradox table can have a maximum of 64.000 blocks. The default block
size is 2 KB, limiting the table size to 128 MB. To increase the default
block size, use BDE Administrator|Configuration|Drivers|Native|Paradox.
Valid values are powers of 2, up to 32 KB, the latter giving you a limit
of 2 GB.

Note that if you set the block size to > 4 KB, the default table level
has to be set to 7. These parameters will then apply to any newly
created table.

To change the block size of existing tables use the BDE API function
DbiDoRestructure. You'll find an example/utility at
http://www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/utilities.html
________
Andreas
Delphi 5.01 Pro, NT4.0 Sp5
Direct replies mailto:p...@augsburg.netsurf.de

Re:Table Full error?

>I am getting a "Table Full" error when writing to a Paradox 7.0 table.  I understand there is a
>256 meg limit and I have reached that.  Is there anyway around this with a Paradox table?
>Help?

You need to be using a table with a block size greater than 4K.
256 meg is the most a table with 4K blocks can hold.
There is a utility on borland's web site that will allow you to change block
size on an existing table.
You can also reset the block size in the BDE config.  Also set your default
table type to 7 for block sizes > 4K
Then create a new table and add the existing table to it.
Then delete the old table and rename the new one.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Other Threads