BDE 5.0 back to BDE 4.51 procedure ?

I've seen some scattered discussion of this, but in case I have to go
this route (the BDE 5.0 fixed on problem but has basically disabled the
application at this point due to other problems it has created).

What is the procedure for completely removing BDE 5.0 and reinstalling
BDE 4.51 ?  Thanks in advance...

Re:BDE 5.0 back to BDE 4.51 procedure ?

Just delete the BDE directory and reinstall.  You may want to save your BDE
config file before you delete the directory and put it back after the
reinstall.

--
Bill Todd

Re:BDE 5.0 back to BDE 4.51 procedure ?

Thanks, Bill.  BTW, should I search the registry for BDE after I delete the BDE
directory and before I reinstall?

TIA...

Bill Todd (TeamB) wrote:
> Just delete the BDE directory and reinstall.  You may want to save your BDE
> config file before you delete the directory and put it back after the
> reinstall.

> --
> Bill Todd
> (Sorry but TeamB cannot answer questions received via email)
> (Remove nospam from my email address to contact me for any other reason)

Re:BDE 5.0 back to BDE 4.51 procedure ?

No. Reinstalling will take care of the registry.

--
Bill Todd