Board index » delphi » D3 VersionInfo

D3 VersionInfo

is any of the versioning information (entered in the project options)
available to a running application?

any reason why the auto-increment doesn't work?

does Borland care to comment on when we may expect REVISED QUICKREPORT
DOCUMENTATION? It's inaccurate, incomplete, misleading, (and) poorly numbered.
One would think that Fred could at least update the docs for the product
roll-out!

b...@rtquotes.com                

 

Re:D3 VersionInfo


bob ostermann <b...@rtquotes.com> wrote in article
<5l7l2n$i...@ultra.exodus.net>...

Quote
> is any of the versioning information (entered in the project options)
> available to a running application?

Yes -- using the Win32 VERSIONINFO APIs.

Quote
> any reason why the auto-increment doesn't work?

It only auto-increments when you do a "build all" -- it doesn't increment
when you compile (make).
--
     - Steve Teixeira
       steixe...@corp.borland.com

Re:D3 VersionInfo


The auto-increment worked on mine?  Did you Build all or just re-compiled?
(Do a build all)
--

********** John M. Romero **********
***** mailto:rom...@swweb.net ******
*** http://www.swweb.net/~romero ***

Quote
> is any of the versioning information (entered in the project options)
> available to a running application?

> any reason why the auto-increment doesn't work?

Re:D3 VersionInfo


dortmund, stardate 9324.74,

 ST> > any reason why the auto-increment doesn't work?

 ST> It only auto-increments when you do a "build all" -- it doesn't increment
 ST> when you compile (make).

say, this sounds reasonable. i decided to not use this feature because i  
compile too often, but if it only inceases on a full rebuild...

but since we are talking about this: why can't i autoincrement the build  
number fpr packages? the checkbox is simply gone from the version info  
page.

cu
marc

-+- Let Joy and Innocence Prevail
## CrossPoint v3.11 ##

Re:D3 VersionInfo


Quote
Steve Teixeira wrote:
> > any reason why the auto-increment doesn't work?

> It only auto-increments when you do a "build all" -- it doesn't increment when you compile (make).<

Steve, but when I do a BUILD ALL, then it also seems to rebuild all my
custom-packages, whether there were changes or not.

I want to auto-increment the build number without creating "new"
versions of my packages that have a new date but are otherwise
unchanged.

Best Regards
Andy

Re:D3 VersionInfo


When you build your packages you should mark them as having to be
explicity rebuilt.  Look on the first page of the package options from
the package editor.  Select "Explicit rebuild" then rebuild the package.
This will prevent Delphi from event checking if the any units in the
package are out of date and will also block the "build-all" behaviour
you are seeing.  That is exactly what we (Borland) did with all the
supplied packages.

Allen Bauer.
Delphi R&D.

Quote
> ----------
> From:      Andy Schmidt [NJ][SMTP:ASchm...@Gameware.com]
> Posted At:         Friday, May 16, 1997 2:15 PM
> Posted To:         comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc
> Conversation:      D3 VersionInfo
> Subject:   Re: D3 VersionInfo

> Steve Teixeira wrote:

> > > any reason why the auto-increment doesn't work?

> > It only auto-increments when you do a "build all" -- it doesn't
> increment when you compile (make).<

> Steve, but when I do a BUILD ALL, then it also seems to rebuild all my
> custom-packages, whether there were changes or not.

> I want to auto-increment the build number without creating "new"
> versions of my packages that have a new date but are otherwise
> unchanged.

> Best Regards
> Andy

Other Threads