Getting rid of Exceptions message boxes

This may be pretty basic, but I have yet to find anything that
works. When my program gets an exception, it pops up a message
box, and pauses the program. Is there a way to turn that off?
I'm sure there is, because I've heard it mentioned in the online
help, but it doesn't really tell you HOW.

My program is using a drive combo box linked to a dir list box,
etc., and when I choose drive a when there is no disk, it first
tells me there's no disk, but when I hit cancel, I get a stupid
exception. I don't want this to stop the program.

Help!

Re:Getting rid of Exceptions message boxes

Strider (stri...@gondor.mv.com) wrote:

: This may be pretty basic, but I have yet to find anything that
: works. When my program gets an exception, it pops up a message
: box, and pauses the program. Is there a way to turn that off?
: I'm sure there is, because I've heard it mentioned in the online
: help, but it doesn't really tell you HOW.

: My program is using a drive combo box linked to a dir list box,
: etc., and when I choose drive a when there is no disk, it first
: tells me there's no disk, but when I hit cancel, I get a stupid
: exception. I don't want this to stop the program.

: Help!

There's an environment option in the Preferences page, Debugging section.
If you don't want the program interrupted, uncheck "Break on exception"

Regards,
        Andrew

stri...@gondor.mv.com (Strider) wrote:
>This may be pretty basic, but I have yet to find anything that
>works. When my program gets an exception, it pops up a message
>box, and pauses the program. Is there a way to turn that off?
>I'm sure there is, because I've heard it mentioned in the online
>help, but it doesn't really tell you HOW.

From the delphi menu Options|Environment, select the preferences tab
and turn off 'break on exception' in the Debugging box.

HTH,
Bert

Other Threads