ways to handle pessimistic record locking

Hi,

I would like to implement pessimistic record locking. THe backend
Database Server is MS SQL Server and frontend is Delphi Pro 6 and BDE is
used for the connection.

I've read from newsgroup that a global temp table can be created to do
the record locking. However, I'm worried whether it will use manyu
server resource  or not.

Could you pls share with me the way that u handle pessimistic record
locking?

TIA
Emy

Re:ways to handle pessimistic record locking

The need for pessimistic locking indicates bad business logic design.
What if a user starts editing some data, locks it and then goes to lunch,
meets there a nice girl and goes to holidays for a week. No other user would
be able to use that data in the meantime.

Global temp tables have nothing to do with record locking.

BTW, ADO is a way better alternative to BDE to work with mssql. Many already
said that and trust me, we're right.

--
Robert

ET wrote in message <3C0F653B.DE877...@uptowntec.com>...
>Hi,

>I would like to implement pessimistic record locking. THe backend
>Database Server is MS SQL Server and frontend is Delphi Pro 6 and BDE is
>used for the connection.

>I've read from newsgroup that a global temp table can be created to do
>the record locking. However, I'm worried whether it will use manyu
>server resource  or not.

>Could you pls share with me the way that u handle pessimistic record
>locking?

Re:ways to handle pessimistic record locking

>BTW, ADO is a way better alternative to BDE to work with mssql. Many already
>said that and trust me, we're right.

I second that one

Other Threads