How to insert data into an Interbase array field

Somebody help me please !!!

I develop an application using Interbase as backend, and face some
trouble especially on how to insert data (using the pure SQL not an UDF)
into an array field. For instance :

I have a table with array field

CREATE TABLE TEST (
        NAME CHAR (10) NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
        TELP CHAR (10) [5]
);

and now how to insert the data into the array field, i've tried using
command : INSERT INTO TEST (NAME) VALUES ('AAAA');
          UPDATE TEST SET TELP[1] = '33333';
but the engine refuse the command.

Any body can help me ?

Dody
multi...@dnet.net.id

Re:How to insert data into an Interbase array field

By writing to an Array Field, don't use the BDE, try to pass it with
passthrough mode. I think i remember it is switched as you enter an ";"
at the end of the line of a TQuery SQL String.

Regards,
Benny

Multicipta wrote:
> Somebody help me please !!!

> I develop an application using Interbase as backend, and face some
> trouble especially on how to insert data (using the pure SQL not an
> UDF)
> into an array field. For instance :

> I have a table with array field

> CREATE TABLE TEST (
>         NAME CHAR (10) NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
>         TELP CHAR (10) [5]
> );

> and now how to insert the data into the array field, i've tried using
> command : INSERT INTO TEST (NAME) VALUES ('AAAA');
>           UPDATE TEST SET TELP[1] = '33333';
> but the engine refuse the command.

> Any body can help me ?

> Dody
> multi...@dnet.net.id

Re:How to insert data into an Interbase array field

Some body help me !!!

I develop an app using Interbase 4.2 as backend, but facing a problem on
how to insert data into array field (with SQL, not UDF) ? Any body can
help me please ? I'll pray for god for your happiness..

Dody Suhendra
multi...@dnet.net.id

Re:How to insert data into an Interbase array field

InterBase does not support Arrays from dynamic sql, only from embedded.
This means no support from the BDE.

Robert Schieck (TeamB)
http://www.mers.com

Other Threads