BDE 5.11 Native Connection to MS SQL Server 7

I am working with a Delphi application that uses BDE 5.11 to make a native connection to MS SQL Server 7.  One of the fields in the database is a varchar(500), but I can only get 255 characters to return to the application.  I don't know much about Delphi as I only maintain the application with simple scripts and adjustments the backend, but is there a place in the BDE Administrator to increase the number of characters returned in a column or is this a known issue.

Thanks,
Steve

Re:BDE 5.11 Native Connection to MS SQL Server 7

Hi Steve,

take a look at the following link:

There's a short explanation why you can't get more than 255 characters from MS SQL Server 7 using BDE.

"Steve" <steve.s...@marriott.com> wrote:

>I am working with a Delphi application that uses BDE 5.11 to make a native connection to MS SQL Server 7.  One of the fields in the database is a varchar(500), but I can only get 255 characters to return to the application.  I don't know much about Delphi as I only maintain the application with simple scripts and adjustments the backend, but is there a place in the BDE Administrator to increase the number of characters returned in a column or is this a known issue.

>Thanks,
>Steve

Other Threads