access violations in IDAPI32 when access SQL Server

hi,
i have an sql table with 40 some fields and when i load up my bcc project which accesses this table i get an exception error in IDAPI32.DLL (at some address). anyway, after troubleshooting for most of the day i discovered that once this table has more than 36 fields this error happens?! its not the record size that is the problem because i decreased the size of some of the fields and still got the error. if i drop the 37th field and leave 36 than everything is fine!!!
any ideas?
i've already downloaded version 2.6 of the mdac but there was no change...
is it a BDE problem maybe?? im running builder ver 4.0 (build 14.11) update pack 1
thanks!

Re:access violations in IDAPI32 when access SQL Server

"sandra" <scarm...@idirect.com> wrote in message news:3b13d6e9$1_2@dnews...

> hi,
> i have an sql table with 40 some fields and when i load up my bcc project

which accesses this table i get an exception error in IDAPI32.DLL (at some
address). anyway, after troubleshooting for most of the day i discovered
that once this table has more than 36 fields this error happens?! its not
the record size that is the problem because i decreased the size of some of
the fields and still got the error. if i drop the 37th field and leave 36
than everything is fine!!!

> any ideas?
> i've already downloaded version 2.6 of the mdac but there was no change...
> is it a BDE problem maybe?? im running builder ver 4.0 (build 14.11)
update pack 1
> thanks!

Hi Sandra,

What version of BDE are you running?  Are you using MS Sql Server?  What
version?  Also are you accessing the database using TStoredProcedures?

The following link lists a very similar problem that was apparently fixed in
BDE 5.10

http://www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/fixes/510/database.html

Give me the info above and I may be able to help as I have had similar
problems myself.  Don't get too e{*word*277}d though as they could be completely
unrelated.

John.

On 29 May 2001 10:05:45 -0700, "sandra" <scarm...@idirect.com> wrote:

>i have an sql table with 40 some fields and when i load up my bcc project which accesses this table i get an exception error in IDAPI32.DLL (at some address). anyway, after troubleshooting for most of the day i discovered that once this table has more than 36 fields this error happens?! its not the record size that is the problem because i decreased the size of some of the fields and still got the error. if i drop the 37th field and leave 36 than everything is fine!!!
>any ideas?
>i've already downloaded version 2.6 of the mdac but there was no change...
>is it a BDE problem maybe?? im running builder ver 4.0 (build 14.11) update pack 1

What edition of C++Builder are you using,  Professional or Enterprise?
Additionally what driver are you using,  ODBC or SQL Links (or even ADO)?
If you are using ODBC,  are you aware that ODBC (at least the Microsoft
implementations) does not support more than 40 fields in a single table?

Jerry Bloomfield (TeamB)
--
http://www.teamb.com                                      JersW...@wwa.com
Please do *NOT* send private e-mail without prior permission (my anti-spam

Other Threads