"Leaking Paradox database"

Dear All,

I am having a problem inserting a record into a Paradox 7.0 database, using a
programme written in Delphi 3. It used to work fine, until I observed that
the database is "leaking" a few days ago. I am using the Prepare method and
then ExecSQL methods of the TQuery object. When I run the programme with the
table in Paradox open, I see the record appearing. When I exit from Paradox
and open the table again, the record is gone... A query carried out in the
Database Explorer does give a permanent record in the database. Has anybody
experienced the same problem? Please help.

Thanks in advance,
Steven Hoek