D2 SQL LINKS and MSSQL Server 6.5

I can't connect to the MSSQL 6.5 using D2. ISQL_W connects fine. Any
attemp to connect using Database Desktop or Database Explorer gives
a SQL error message. Following are some details.

SQL Server and D2 are running on the same NT server machine.
SQLServer service is running.
The SQL server is named CRAY.
A new alias is defined in the BDE, giving D:\MSSQL\DATA\MASTER.DAT
as the DATABSE NAME and CRAY as the SERVER NAME (we have also tried
the default name MSSQL SERVER).
When we provide the user id and password in the connect dialog box,
we get back a SQL error saying error in the statement, line 1, near
"D:" (see our value for DATABSE NAME above). Then we tried to move
D:\MSSQL\DATA\ to the PATH field and MASTER.DAT in the DATABASE NAME
field, this time we got the error message saying error in the
statement, line 1, near ".".

What gives? What are we doing wrong?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,
Nasir (nn...@cris.com)

Re:D2 SQL LINKS and MSSQL Server 6.5

On 16 Jan 1997 13:07:49 GMT, Nn...@cris.com (NNOOR) wrote:

Path should be empty.
Database Name should have the name of the DB (what you call it in SQL
Server) not the path and filename.
Server name should be the name of the NT server, not SQL Server.

>I can't connect to the MSSQL 6.5 using D2. ISQL_W connects fine. Any
>attemp to connect using Database Desktop or Database Explorer gives
>a SQL error message. Following are some details.

>SQL Server and D2 are running on the same NT server machine.
>SQLServer service is running.
>The SQL server is named CRAY.
>A new alias is defined in the BDE, giving D:\MSSQL\DATA\MASTER.DAT
>as the DATABSE NAME and CRAY as the SERVER NAME (we have also tried
>the default name MSSQL SERVER).
>When we provide the user id and password in the connect dialog box,
>we get back a SQL error saying error in the statement, line 1, near
>"D:" (see our value for DATABSE NAME above). Then we tried to move
>D:\MSSQL\DATA\ to the PATH field and MASTER.DAT in the DATABASE NAME
>field, this time we got the error message saying error in the
>statement, line 1, near ".".

>What gives? What are we doing wrong?

>Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

>Regards,