Using softice with delphi1

Hi,

I want to debug my 16bit application under NT with softice (3.01). The
symbol loader can't find debug information. The same program compiled with
delphi3 has no problem.
Is it correct, that with delphi Borland has changed the debug format to the
same that microsoft uses.

Thanks in advance

Heiko

Re:Using softice with delphi1

: "Heiko Lttge" <luet...@sunpool.cs.uni-magdeburg.de> wrote:

>I want to debug my 16bit application under NT with softice (3.01). The
>symbol loader can't find debug information. The same program compiled with
>delphi3 has no problem.

Isn't SoftIce for 32 bit applications only?

The debug signature for Delphi 1 is NB0x (don't remember the x, sorry,
the signature for Delphi 3 is FB09).

>Is it correct, that with delphi Borland has changed the debug format to the
>same that microsoft uses.

I can positively confirm that this is _not_ the case.

If it was the case, we could use IMAGEHLP.DLL to easily get at the
debug information in a _documented_ way.

--
Stefan.Hoffmeister (at) Uni-Passau.de
http://kakadu.rz.uni-passau.de/~w4hoff01/Delphi

Private email regarding Delphi will usually be ignored
unless it has been expressedly invited.

Other Threads