RAD Pack compatible to Delphi32/95 and OCXs??

Hello Delphi Programmers,

does anyone know how far the products of the RAD Pack are compatible
with the upcoming Delphi 32bit version? It would be a considerable waste
of money and useless programming time, if applications created by using

  (1)  RAD Pack's VBX Controls and
  (2)  RAD Pack's Resource Workshop

would not work under Windows 95/NT, and the VBX(Controls) of Delphi 1.0
can not be imported or converted to Delphi32's OCXs. - In this case
the purchase of the RAD Pack might be senseless!?!

Does anyone know whether Borland intends to issue a 32bit RAD Pack and
whether they will then make a special update for possessors of the
16bit version?

Any hint would be appreciated. - Many thanks in advance

Regards, Klaus L.

Re:RAD Pack compatible to Delphi32/95 and OCXs??

In article <[email protected]>, "Klaus J. Leipoldt" <[email protected]> says:

>Hello Delphi Programmers,

>does anyone know how far the products of the RAD Pack are compatible
>with the upcoming Delphi 32bit version?
>  (1)  RAD Pack's VBX Controls and
>Regards, Klaus L.

I'm not sure that the VBXs in the Visual Solutions Pack of RAD Pack are
even compatible with Delphi 1.0 - never mind Delphi32!!

John Drewicz

   [email protected] (John Drewicz) wrote:
}In article <[email protected]>, "Klaus J. Leipoldt"

<[email protected]> says:

}>
}>Hello Delphi Programmers,
}>
}>does anyone know how far the products of the RAD Pack are compatible
}>with the upcoming Delphi 32bit version?
}
}>  (1)  RAD Pack's VBX Controls and
}
}
}>Regards, Klaus L.
}>
}
}
}
}I'm not sure that the VBXs in the Visual Solutions Pack of RAD Pack are
}even compatible with Delphi 1.0 - never mind Delphi32!!

As present VBXs are compiled DLLs, at 16-bit, I tend to doubt that they will
be usable in a 32-bit environment, unless you can acquire recompiled versions.

TG

--
Government is like a baby.  An alimentary c{*word*7}with a big appetite at
one end and no sense of responsibility at the other

-Ronald Reagan

Re:RAD Pack compatible to Delphi32/95 and OCXs??

says...

>In article <[email protected]>,
>   [email protected] (John Drewicz) wrote:
>}In article <[email protected]>, "Klaus J. Leipoldt"
><[email protected]> says:
>}>
>}>Hello Delphi Programmers,
>}>
>}>does anyone know how far the products of the RAD Pack are compatible
>}>with the upcoming Delphi 32bit version?
>}
>}>  (1)  RAD Pack's VBX Controls and
>}
>}
>}>Regards, Klaus L.
>}>
>}
>}
>}
>}I'm not sure that the VBXs in the Visual Solutions Pack of RAD Pack are
>}even compatible with Delphi 1.0 - never mind Delphi32!!

>As present VBXs are compiled DLLs, at 16-bit, I tend to doubt that they
will
>be usable in a 32-bit environment, unless you can acquire recompiled
versions.

>TG

>--
>Government is like a baby.  An alimentary c{*word*7}with a big appetite at
>one end and no sense of responsibility at the other

>-Ronald Reagan

Obviously since I do not have the 32 bit version of Delphi, I am no
authority on this, but Borlands 32 bit C++ can run Version 1.0 VBXs in a
32 bit app.  So maybe there is hope for Delphi 32 as well.

John

Other Threads