invalid use of keyword token (+)

I am using Oracle 8.1.5 with the BDE and D5. I have a tquery that
has a join the tquery has a tupdatesql component on it and should be able
to return a live result set when I attempt to make the tquery active I
get the mesage invalid use of keyword token (+). Can someone tell
me how to resolve this. My oci.dll is 79k and dated 3/1/99. My sql0ra32.dll
is dated 11/12/99 6:11 am.

Re:invalid use of keyword token (+)

What is your SQL statement?

Probably what is happening (if you the SQL works outside of Delphi - ie. in
SQL Plus) is it is attempting to return a live dataset and so the BDE is
parsing your SQL and doesn't like the (+) as it is non-standard SQL. If you
set RequestLive := False (which you should have anyway) I think that the BDE
doesn't parse the SQL, but just sends it on to Oracle, which may solve your
problem.
AFAIK you can't return a live result set when you use a join. You should
have RequestLive := False and CachedUpdates := True and use your TUpdateSQL
as the UpdateObject.

Christopher Latta http://www.ozemail.com.au/~clatta
  In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice,
  but in practice there is a great deal of difference.

Rafel Coyle wrote in message <3A2DEC03.3000...@pfshouston.com>...
>I am using Oracle 8.1.5 with the BDE and D5. I have a tquery that
>has a join the tquery has a tupdatesql component on it and should be able
>to return a live result set when I attempt to make the tquery active I
>get the mesage invalid use of keyword token (+). Can someone tell
>me how to resolve this. My oci.dll is 79k and dated 3/1/99. My sql0ra32.dll
>is dated 11/12/99 6:11 am.

Other Threads