OUTER JOIN WITH ORACLE AND DELPHI

I'm using Delphi and Oracle.
In Oracle the Outer Join is made with (+)=, but in Delphi
I receive an error.
Is there a way to execute an outer join with Oracle in Delphi ?

Thanks.

Franco Pettinari
LogObject AG
Technoparkstr. 1
Zrich

Re:OUTER JOIN WITH ORACLE AND DELPHI

If you can run your query from SQLPlus without error, you can port it over
to Delphi's TQuery.  If you run into problem with your SQL statement, test
it in SQLPlus.

Ping

Franco Pettinari <francopettin...@iol.it> wrote in message

> I'm using Delphi and Oracle.
> In Oracle the Outer Join is made with (+)=, but in Delphi
> I receive an error.
> Is there a way to execute an outer join with Oracle in Delphi ?

> Thanks.

> Franco Pettinari
> LogObject AG
> Technoparkstr. 1
> Zrich

Re:OUTER JOIN WITH ORACLE AND DELPHI

Make sure the Alias does not have its SQLQueryMode set to Local.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
Maybe it was infatuation or the thrill of the chase.

Re:OUTER JOIN WITH ORACLE AND DELPHI

Hi Franco !

> I'm using Delphi and Oracle.
> In Oracle the Outer Join is made with (+)=, but in Delphi
> I receive an error.
> Is there a way to execute an outer join with Oracle in Delphi ?

If You set TQuery.RequestLive = True, then You must use BDE's Local
SQL syntax for your query. Or set TQuery.RequestLive = False and use
Oracle's native syntax.

Regards,
Dmitry

Dmitry L. Arefiev, Software Engineer, InThink Corporation, AZ
Author of NCOCI8 - Freeware Delphi to Oracle8i direct access

ICQ: 50741007
EMail: dmit...@inthink.com
WWW: http://www.ncom.ru/diman/index.html

Re:OUTER JOIN WITH ORACLE AND DELPHI

Use the 'PASS-THRU' SQL mode so that Delphi won't try to interpret it.

Franco Pettinari <francopettin...@iol.it> wrote in message

> I'm using Delphi and Oracle.
> In Oracle the Outer Join is made with (+)=, but in Delphi
> I receive an error.
> Is there a way to execute an outer join with Oracle in Delphi ?

> Thanks.

> Franco Pettinari
> LogObject AG
> Technoparkstr. 1
> Zrich

Re:OUTER JOIN WITH ORACLE AND DELPHI

I'm not an Oracle weenie, but doesn't Oracle support the SQL-92
syntax for outer joins ('left outer', etc)? I know that
Sybase Enterprise doesn't, but I thought Oracle would be a little
more up to date.
Franco Pettinari wrote:

> I'm using Delphi and Oracle.
> In Oracle the Outer Join is made with (+)=, but in Delphi
> I receive an error.
> Is there a way to execute an outer join with Oracle in Delphi ?

> Thanks.

> Franco Pettinari
> LogObject AG
> Technoparkstr. 1
> Zrich

Re:OUTER JOIN WITH ORACLE AND DELPHI

Unfortunately not.

Ping

Kevin Davidson <ke...@qsinc.com> wrote in message

> I'm not an Oracle weenie, but doesn't Oracle support the SQL-92
> syntax for outer joins ('left outer', etc)? I know that
> Sybase Enterprise doesn't, but I thought Oracle would be a little
> more up to date.

> Franco Pettinari wrote:

> > I'm using Delphi and Oracle.
> > In Oracle the Outer Join is made with (+)=, but in Delphi
> > I receive an error.
> > Is there a way to execute an outer join with Oracle in Delphi ?

> > Thanks.

> > Franco Pettinari
> > LogObject AG
> > Technoparkstr. 1