IB601 and BDE

I have intalled IB601 Server and I would like to use it with an existing
applicaton that uses BDE with a Paradox database. Is it possible to connect
with the Server through BDE without major changes in my application? (Does
an appropriate SQL Link exist?). Any suggestions are welcome...

Do any tools exist to convert Paradox tables to IB601 tables?

Thank you in advane

A. Kladogenis

Re:IB601 and BDE

Hi,

is possible use BDE with interbase but the current driver for BDE only use
the feature in common between interbase <6. No support for dialect 3. Delphi
6 will be include a sqllink for bde with dialect 3 support.

You can use BDE and Dialect 3 via ODBC wrapper of BDE.
look in ibphoenix.com for more information and  ODBC drivers Available.

Best Regards
Dennis Ortiz
http://www.ib-defender-of-the-crown.8m.com

"A. Kladogenis" <klado...@nad.gr> wrote in message news:3ae564bd_1@dnews...
> I have intalled IB601 Server and I would like to use it with an existing
> applicaton that uses BDE with a Paradox database. Is it possible to
connect
> with the Server through BDE without major changes in my application? (Does
> an appropriate SQL Link exist?). Any suggestions are welcome...

> Do any tools exist to convert Paradox tables to IB601 tables?

> Thank you in advane

> A. Kladogenis

Re:IB601 and BDE

It is possible to simply change databases but the performance may not be
good enough. The only way to know is to try it and see. SQL database servers
like Interbase give better performance using TQuery while Paradox works
better using TTable. If you have the Enterprise version of Delphi or C++
Builder you can convert your tables using the DataPump. If you have the Pro
version you can write a program that uses the TBatchMove component. The
current Interbase driver will not work with dialect 3 databases.

--
Bill

Other Threads