Problem with SQL Server 2000 SP with Output Parameters, Again

Hi All,

I'm testing dbExpress in Delphi 7 to find out if it's the right choice to
move my applications from BDE. Thanks to Thomas Miller I've been able to
solve my first problem (getting the metadata).

Now I run a stored procedure with output parameters but it's not working
properly. The problem seems to be the way dbExpress uses to send the
parameters, consider this test:

I run a stored procedure MyStoredProcedure which expects 3 parameters:
@username, @password, @code. It returns 2 parameters: @MY_RESULT1 and
@MY_RESULT2.

1. Run stored procedure MyStoredProcedure using dbExpress: Using SQL
Profiler, I could see this trace:

declare @P1 tinyint
set @P1=1
declare @P2 varchar(5)
set @P2=NULL

exec sp_prepexecrpc @username = 'pr

This returns wrong results to my client application. Note that "exec
sp_prepexecrpc @username = 'pr" is truncated (SQL Profiler showed me just
that text), I don't know what it does neither I see a call to
MyStoredProcedure anywhere (where is the call?), and I can't see the other
two input parameters.

2. Run stored procedure MyStoredProcedure using BDE, and passing the same
parameters than 1: In SQL Profiler, I could see this trace:

declare @P1 smallint
set @P1=0
declare @P2 varchar(255)
set @P2='GP001'