Access over BDE to Access/ODBC

Another question:

I use D4 with BDE 5.11. I have an simple application with a TQuery and a
TDBGrid. In the BDE-configuration is defined an alias called DeluxeCd
(DeluxeCd.mdb in c:\windows) with a table 'titles' (per example). In the
database-explorer I can read well, but when I tried it in my application
with the TQuery (select * from ":DeluxeCd:titles") then I get an error
(after Login: Unknown table). Whats wrong? What's missing? What component?

Thanks!!!

Re:Access over BDE to Access/ODBC

On Tue, 9 Oct 2001 00:41:34 +0200, "Caroll Ferkl"

<Caroll.Fe...@ntv.de> wrote:

I am using D6 but it works for me.

1.) Add a TQuery component to your form
2.) Set its DatabaseName to DeluxeCD
3.) Type in this query in to SQL property 'select * from titles' with
out the qoutes.
4.) Add a TDatasource component to your form
5.) Set its Dataset to Query1 or what ever you named the TQuery.
6.) Add a TDBGrid Component to your form
7.) Set its DataSource to DataSource1 or what ever you named the
TDatasource
8.) Set the TQuery to be active and in mine i see the results

>Another question:

>I use D4 with BDE 5.11. I have an simple application with a TQuery and a
>TDBGrid. In the BDE-configuration is defined an alias called DeluxeCd
>(DeluxeCd.mdb in c:\windows) with a table 'titles' (per example). In the
>database-explorer I can read well, but when I tried it in my application
>with the TQuery (select * from ":DeluxeCd:titles") then I get an error
>(after Login: Unknown table). Whats wrong? What's missing? What component?

>Thanks!!!

Other Threads