MDI WindowMenu Not Showing Child Windows

I have set the WindowMenu to the correct Menu Entry and it does not show
the
MDI children.  I am using Delphi 4 and cannot find an AutoHotKeys and
AutoLineReduction property on the menus.  How can I get all open forms
to show on these menus?

If you could e-mail a response also, I would appreciate it.

R. Quarles
mailto:rquar...@testmastersinc.com

Re:MDI WindowMenu Not Showing Child Windows

Those two properties are part of D5 not D4.  AFAIK there is not a bug in D4, but
you do need to have at least one sub menu on the menu item that you have set as
the WindowMenu proty of the main form.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)   On waves of silver I dreamed of gold
(Please do not email    'Till I lost the peace that dreaming gives

Re:MDI WindowMenu Not Showing Child Windows

Jeff,

Using D5... I have the WindowMenu set to the correct Menu Entry and I
don't see the children listed on the Windows menu.  I do have several
menu choices already there such as 'Cascade, Tile, Minimize All'.  Why
else would the child forms not show up on that menu?????

FYI: The children forms are different forms like (Inventory, Users,
ect.).  Not like Word where all the children are the same type.

Thanks in advance!

In article <389654CE.DF2DD...@onramp.net>, overc...@onramp.net says...

> Those two properties are part of D5 not D4.  AFAIK there is not a bug in D4, but
> you do need to have at least one sub menu on the menu item that you have set as
> the WindowMenu proty of the main form.

> Ralph Quarles wrote:

> > I have set the WindowMenu to the correct Menu Entry and it does not show
> > the
> > MDI children.  I am using Delphi 4 and cannot find an AutoHotKeys and
> > AutoLineReduction property on the menus.  How can I get all open forms
> > to show on these menus?

> > If you could e-mail a response also, I would appreciate it.

> > R. Quarles
> > mailto:rquar...@testmastersinc.com

Re:MDI WindowMenu Not Showing Child Windows

With D5 you do have to set the AutoHotKeys and AutoLineReduction to the manual
state (it defaults to Automatic).  These are new proeprties to TMainMenu
introduced in D5 and also introduced this bug when in automatic mode.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)   On waves of silver I dreamed of gold
(Please do not email    'Till I lost the peace that dreaming gives
 me directly unless     I dreamed of the moment of my own death
 asked.  Thank You)     That no one ever dreams and lives (Marillion)

Re:MDI WindowMenu Not Showing Child Windows

Thanks... I found out about that just a little while ago.

Works... thanks for the reply.

In article <389882CE.81241...@onramp.net>, overc...@onramp.net says...

> With D5 you do have to set the AutoHotKeys and AutoLineReduction to the manual
> state (it defaults to Automatic).  These are new proeprties to TMainMenu
> introduced in D5 and also introduced this bug when in automatic mode.

> Greg Saunders wrote:

> > Jeff,

> > Using D5... I have the WindowMenu set to the correct Menu Entry and I
> > don't see the children listed on the Windows menu.  I do have several
> > menu choices already there such as 'Cascade, Tile, Minimize All'.  Why
> > else would the child forms not show up on that menu?????

> > FYI: The children forms are different forms like (Inventory, Users,
> > ect.).  Not like Word where all the children are the same type.

> > Thanks in advance!

Re:MDI WindowMenu Not Showing Child Windows

Thanks to all for their help.  It turned out that once I had a menu item
there and I modified the menu or refreshed it upon switching to a different
MDI child that it worked fine.

Ralph

Other Threads