Problems saving a stringlist to a BLOB field in PDOX

I am trying to save a stringlist to a BLOB field in a Paradox table. I can
save the stringlist to a file OK but am having the following problem.

The TBlobField is not a component you just place on the form but a
descendent.  I do not know how to relate the target field in my table to
this descendent class.

I have as a reference the "Delphi 5 Developer's Guide" from Teixeira-Pacheco
and am trying to replicate their BLOB example on pages 1171-76.

When I try to compile the following...

    DataModule2.QuotBLOB.Edit;
    DataModule2.QuotBLOBDataBLOB.LoadFromFile('c:\pdoxuser\strglist.txt');

I get "DataModule2.QuotBLOBDataBLOB" is an undefined identifier.  If I try
to add a type definition the compiler says it has no object to relate the
definition to and wants to delete the entry.

How can I accomplish what I want? I am using d5Pro.

Thank you

Bill Lawler
Elite Brokerage Services, Inc

Re:Problems saving a stringlist to a BLOB field in PDOX

QuotBLOBDataBLOB was probably created in designtime, dbl-clicking the
TTable.
You can use:

DataModule2.QuotBLOB.FieldByName('DataBLOB').LoadFromFile('c:\pdoxuser\strgl
ist.txt');

--
Frederic Gelinas
Programmeur-Analyste

Re:Problems saving a stringlist to a BLOB field in PDOX

>When I try to compile the following...

>    DataModule2.QuotBLOB.Edit;
>    DataModule2.QuotBLOBDataBLOB.LoadFromFile('c:\pdoxuser\strglist.txt');

   ( DataModule2.QuotBLOBDataBLOB
as TblobField).LoadFromFile('c:\pdoxuser\strglist.txt');

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Other Threads