Paradox and Windows 95 networks

>>The problem seems to be that Paradox can't handle different
>>clock-speed machines sharing tables on a network!

We're running everything from 486/33's to  P200's...  on our NT4 network.

Clients are Win95 and we are using Paradox / Delphi....

If you're running on a peer to peer network Win95 / Win for Workgroups...
Have you set Local Share to True in the BDE configuration for all of the
workstations?

===
Bill

Re:Paradox and Windows 95 networks

Thanks for the response. The network is Windows NT 4.0, and all the
workstations have LOCAL SHARE set to true. The Windows NT server is not
being used as a workstation, but it does have the BDE installed on it. Must
the server's BDE also have LOCAL SHARE set to true?
Regards
Fiona

Re:Paradox and Windows 95 networks

>The Windows NT server is not
>being used as a workstation, but it does have the BDE installed on it. Must
>the server's BDE also have LOCAL SHARE set to true?

If you are using an NT server you may have to turn off opertunistic
locking on the NT server

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentcontrolSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters]
"EnableOplocks"=dword:00000000

To find information on Opportunistic Locking in Microsoft's Knowledge
Base
http://www.microsoft.com/kb/articles/Q129/2/02.htm

Q123029 "WFW 3.11 Clients Hang Accessing Windows NT Server"
Q129202 "PC Ext: Explanation of Opportunistic Locking on Windows NT"
Q102981 "REG: Workstation Service Entries"

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Other Threads