DELPHI 6 personal edition

i just got delphi 6 (personal edition)..and i need great assistants...
  ive been programming VB and c++ / TP 7.0 for 7 years now and just
moved to DELPHI
and  it seem's that anything i try  from code off the net i cannot get
compiled,,
   it always tells me somethings missing nomatter what it is ...IT says
(TVectectDialog not found)))
were are all these components stored???  why would u distribute Code not
all together>>
    BOY DO I NEED HELP....

Re:DELPHI 6 personal edition

On Sun, 16 Dec 2001 16:39:10 -0600, brian e boothe <bboo...@midlands.net> wrote:

> i just got delphi 6 (personal edition)..and i need great assistants...
>   ive been programming VB and c++ / TP 7.0 for 7 years now and just
> moved to DELPHI
> and  it seem's that anything i try  from code off the net i cannot get
> compiled,,
>    it always tells me somethings missing nomatter what it is ...IT says
> (TVectectDialog not found)))
> were are all these components stored???  why would u distribute Code not
> all together>>
>     BOY DO I NEED HELP....

I think that you'll find that most of your TP code will not come over to Delphi easily because you spent A LOT of time coding the user interface in TP,
while Delphi does most of that for you.  The parts of your code that make up the actual function of your program will likely work OK (depenting on
various unit calls).

If you DL D6 PE for free, then spend some dollars to get one of the excellent Delphi books on the market.  As far as the beginner books go, try nearly
any that you can get at a used book store.  They'll cover the basics of Delphi well enough that you can get going (I still use Delphi for Dummies, which
Rubenking wrote for the original Delphi when I've totally blanked on something).  Of course, for the best information on D6, you'll need to buy the latest
& greatest.

Other Threads